Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer top in refashion


I bought this top a couple of weeks ago just because I am a fool for cotton. And this was gorgeous. I wasn't even deluded by the tag saying it's a size "M" because even a child could see that this was one of those 'one size fits all' things. I didn't mind its plainness because I knew this is the perfect dress for summer. And I knew it won't be the same once I lay my hands on it!


And I was right. The front part covered only a small portion of my bust and I thought I might add a little structure to it. First I added a wider strip of fabric on which I attached a smaller pleated one all over the front.


However, it still was too much opened so I added another pleated strip



Rear view. I ruffled a strip for the back too.


Now I can wear it as a dress, or as a tunic over jeans and flats.

3 comments:

Papgena Made It said...

turned out really nice!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Papgena!

godessunseen101 said...

This is really cute !!

http://vintagepoppa.blogspot.com