Thursday, July 29, 2010

Romantic umbrella

This umbrella is one of the things I bought myself while in Italy.
When I saw it I knew I had to have it! As a matter of fact my husband was the one who noticed it first and knew I'll succumb to its seducing powers. How could I not?
It is intricately, richly and finely embroidered. And soo romantic!

What's more, it proved to be a great sun blocker and I loved walking the streets of Palermo carrying it.
When Eva saw it she fell in love with it! And she bagged me to make some pictures with it.


Jodi said...

Such a pretty parasol! I would have had trouble resisting that too.

Papgena Made It said...

what a great souvenir!

RheLynn said...

it really is very pretty!

Hana - Marmota said...

Oh so pretty! And at the same time practical!

Carol said...

I love these and I never would have dreamed thats how you made them. When I saw them on your fairies I had to go searching for more info! Thanks for sharing.