Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Is it a skirt or a dress?

A couple of days ago I bought myself this cute piece at a discount. The price was so incredibly low for such a beautiful piece of clothing I thought I must be mad if I leave it. And for that price it was simply not worth the trouble making it.
To clear away all misunderstanding this piece was designed to be a dress. But while trying it and experimenting I saw that it could be worn as a skirt too. So versatile! The dress is constructed of several layers (flounces). The upper, last layer is not ruffled but straight and it ties up front with a thin strap.


But, by adding a sash or a thiny, thin belt it transforms into a lovely, flowy dress!

I know this is going to be my favourite piece this summer!

4 comments:

Papgena Made It said...

Great catche!!!

RheLynn said...

You did such a wonderful job with it! You will surely enjoy it, as it is beautiful on you.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dears!

Clara in Paradise said...

You look awesome in it. I love long flowy skirts, but am too short to pull it off (I am 5'2"). It would also look very nice in white, perhaps you can sew a similar one :)