Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter flowers lariat



Lariats.

At the mention of the word a picture creates in my mind.
A bit of fresh breath in a winter morning, and a drop of color to a grey painted sky laden with heavy clouds.


I love lariats. They make me feel special, romantic and elegant.

I made this one in chunky white yarn, embellished with two sets of flowers all in different colors.
Enjoyed making the roses especially the red ones which make a fabulous contrast to the white background.



12 comments:

Sus said...

This is truly lovely.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Completely agree with Sus, above.
I love the use of the "chunky" white yarn. The red sweater with full sleeves and long white skirt - perfection. Beautiful photo shoot.

ByNightCreations said...

I think I am in love with this one!
The colors are just gorgeous (I hear you say "of course she likes it there's red in there" ;-)). The pictures are just awesome too

Breaking Free From Old Ways said...

Thank you for checking out my blog! Alright I will break free and be crafty!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is beautiful, Maya. I love the combination of the golden tone with the red and white. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

beautiful - love your skirt too!

magdamagda said...

just landed on your blog for the first time and I'm glad I did, you're so creative!:) and these crochet flowers can turn any gloomy day into a sunny one!

Magda
www.MagdamagdaFashion.com

Papgena Made It said...

you create Spring in the middle of winter!!! :)

creativejewishmom/ said...

Brilliant Maya, this is gorgeous! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday! xoxoxo Sara

Marie said...

I am looking for guest bloggers and would love you to be one, please check out my blog and contact me and let me know at mariecozycorner@hotmail.com looking forward to hearing from you. I love this pattern. :)

jackie said...

wouldn't the flowers look great on a wreath! have a great day

Stella said...

I love you rosas!!!!!! guau!