Saturday, April 16, 2011

Elizabeth's clutch


Immediately upon the settlement of the Nuno magazine on my computer and at the first thrown glimpse at the beautiful clutch I knew I will be making it soon. I did and I love it!

Elizabeth has used a lovely vintage linen to make it. Its shape makes it extraordinary and appealing. The pattern instructions are well written and one can make it only by looking at the drawing.

For this clutch I used upholstering fabric I had in my stash (which I adore and also used to adorn my blouse below)


lined it with cotton and added a metal clasp. I think this would be my favourite clutch for the upcoming spring and summer.


13 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

That clutch turned out really lovely. You have inspired me to make one, the lining and clasp are such professional touches!
PS You are absolutely gorgeous in that photo, brings Elysian Fields to mind - I think I am channeling Sting...

Unknown said...

i need that magazine... Your clutch is so beautiful. I think you chose the perfect fabric inside and out. And I agree with KJ: the photo of you is just gorgeous!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you KJ and Michele - your sweet comments bring a lot of sunshine!

Unknown said...

Amazing clutch you made Maya, love the colours and how great to see you even have a matching blouse! (great picture of you, btw!). Have a great Sunday! Ira

ByNightCreations said...

that picture of you is just so, so pretty! and so is your clutch!

magdamagda said...

I love the print, the colourful mosaic works great with the simple design! and mmm I love your pic, it inspires peace and serenity!

Anonymous said...

love your clutch...I am in the process of making one too! Yours is so lovely in colours & love your pic of you!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Kisses.

Elizabeth said...

Your clutch is lovely!

I find it very reassuring when I see someone else use a pattern I've drafted (particularly if the construction is a bit tricky). Part of me always worries that I messed up somewhere or wasn't clear enough and I'm unwittingly subjecting someone else to a frustrating experience. So thank you!

May I post a photo of it on the Nuno blog?

Maya Kuzman said...

Elizabeth, I would be honored if you do!! Glad you like it too!
Thank you so much!

Divya said...

Hey Maya, here is an award that I want to share with you for you are def a vaersatile blogger...pick it up you would like to...thanks http://jewelsofsayuri.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blog-award.html

Cucicucicoo said...

love it! that's some great upholstry fabric! :) lisa

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous bag!