Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Free people


Just the other day while I was browsing through some of my favourite blogs I saw a feature of Free people - a brand I was not familiar with.

Since the presented photos sparked my interest I visited their site in search of inspiration only to conclude that I do not fit into many of the categories, especially no in the 'effortless dressing" and that rare were the pieces I found suitable for me (oh my God I am old!!!).
Needless to say, Eva was overwhelmed!

Besides the dress with the intricately crocheted front panel shown above which is truly exquisite, I also like the following pieces:



A top I would like to make for Eva. The eyelet fabric is fabulous!



This cute dress with embroidered border.



And this little number whose price made my jaws drop open in amazement and had to check it twice in disbelief! Pricey ruffles!



The vintage section also deserves a visit.
I would love to have this!

*All photos taken from www.freepeople.com*

9 comments:

Sconch said...

I *love* the skirt with ruffles, and the cute dress! On my way to check out the website - bracing myself for the prices! Thanks for sharing :)

Cheri said...

Very pretty. I just got the Chadwicks catalog in the mail and was surprised at how many "hand crocheted" items they had. One cardigan in particular was gorgeous! However, the reviews are terrible. Wonder if someone could copy it and fix the fit issues? It is called the "Hand crocheted Cardigan" at Chadwicks dot com. $39.99. Looks so pretty!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

That eyelet piece is cute - hmm, can I adapt it to my middle aged body???
PS Eva is so lucky to have a cool mum like you!!!

ByNightCreations said...

it's beautiful! why? oh why have you shown this to me?

Unknown said...

Such pretty and soft pieces. It's a good thing I have no money, that way I have nothing to spend it on! I do have a few pieces of eyelet in my stash. That eyelet piece looks like it would be easy to mimic. hmmm...

Unknown said...

Wonderful pieces, I can imagine you're in love with them! But with your hands you can do magic, my guess is you would be able to create something similar quite easily Maya ;-) (and probably at a much much lower price, too). No idea how much the original cost, probably too much, LOL!

{ to be charmed } said...

love, love, love these tops. simply beautiful!

MateaTPol said...

This summer is all about white , lace and I like it, so I like this mark to! great!! Greetings Matea

magdamagda said...

the first dress is amazing! I would have never thought that kind of crochet I grew up with (which was growing from my grandma's hands) could look so contemporary!