Thursday, March 22, 2012

Alabama Chanin - Sustainable Style





Whenever I think of Alabama stitching my heart skips a bit. The reverse applique technique could not make clothes more beautiful and unique. The process of stitching is long and hard but certainly worth it! The sustainable style in the title implies that recycled cotton jersey is used, although I bought some more jersey to try this. To be honest I've been preparing to do this since last spring, so I may be lucky this one?!

The genius behind Alabama stitching is Natalie Chanin, a former costume designer and fashion stylist, who is the founder and head designer of Alabama Chanin.

I've set my eyes on the coats. I would love to have them in my wardrobe!



To see more gorgeousness visit the Alabama Chanin Studio and their blog.


4 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This technique is amazing, I want to try a skirt project one day.
I also really love the red boots peaking out from the first photo.

Unknown said...

Such pretty fabrics, I can see why you would love to have such fine coats Maya! With a lot of patience you should be able to make one?

harmony and rosie said...

Her work is amazing, I too have thought about giving it a go but, as usual, never got round to it. One of those projects that needs a lot of time and commitment but totally worth it, I'm sure.
Will look out for yours Maya !
x

Cucicucicoo said...

i love alabama chanin clothes, too. i have the book, but have yet to find the time and patience to try it yet! i would love to see what you make! :) lisa