Thursday, May 21, 2015

Flower Monogram DIY



 


For my exhibition I wanted to have floral lettered backdrop to spell the motto of my collection "Live Mori".  The background turned out pretty decent and effective, considering I was making it in the wee hours on the day of the exhibition.

My original idea was to have monogrammed letters like this one, but we couldn't find any fabricated letters, so my husband simply took heavy cardboard and drew the letters, while I glued the leaves and flowers on. This is a breeze of a project I quite enjoyed making and have since used the letters for several occasions. They are unique and make the perfect decor.



16 comments:

BumbleBri said...

This is STUNNING! I am desperately trying figure out how to make something similar for my little one's nursery. Such a great idea :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank yiu BumbleBri! I am sure you will find the perfect solution :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Maya, I love it, and I love the colors. I especially enjoy the contrast with the gilt frame. xoxo Su

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Su! That one turned pretty good too :)

homemade@myplace said...

simply beautiful!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Sherry Clitheroe (writing as Abigail Leigh Reed) said...

These are beautiful. How pretty it would be over the fireplace mantle. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we're looking forward to what you have to share next week. :)

~Lorelai
Life With Lorelai

Divya N said...

Very pretty and looks like they can be done in a jiffy. will try it

Enthusiastic Bookworm said...

very creative and pretty, I have to try. #SITSBlogging have a great weekend.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Karen!

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, it's that easy Divya!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Lorelai!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Lorelai!

handmade by amalia said...

Oh how lovely, Maya! And I love the little stack of vintage books.
Amalia
xo

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is too cute & refreshing!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Amalia! That's my favourite stack too :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Khadija!