Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Poble Español


 
 


We are back and I finally had time to work through my pictures and document parts of our amazing trip and visits. As I mentioned last time, this post is all about Poble Español and I highly recommend you visit it for a unique and unforgettable experience. 


 




The Poble Español, or Spanish Village, is one of the Barcelona's most popular visitor attractions: a unique combination of architecture, contemporary art, traditional crafts, shops and gastronomy, in a pleasant setting free of traffic and noise.  Situated in one of Barcelona's most iconic areas, just a short distance away from the Montjuïc Fountains, the Poble Español was built in 1929 for the International Exhibition and resembles an actual village with replicas of 117 buildings from different Spanish regions. You'll find a typical Andalusian quarter, a section of the Way of Saint James and examples of Romanesque monastic architecture, among others.










 



 












The village is also a unique place to shop, with more than 20 crafts workshops that open every day so you can see the craftspeople working on unique pieces of pottery, glass, leather and jewellery.






There are restaurants in some of the authentic houses so you can stop and enjoy a traditional Spanish meal and refresh yourself with a glass of homemade sangria. Many of the shops had (central) gardens inside the shop - transformed into cafes which were are real pleasure to discover and enjoy.

7 comments:

Divya N said...

Looks like you had fun, do post more pictures

Maya Kuzman said...

We did Divya! It was unforgetable :)
Thank you for reading!

Anita said...

I have accidentally come across your blog and I'm so glad I did. 3 years ago my family and I toured Italy and I loved it so much, I have now been unable to settle down in my own country. Your photo's have just stirred me up again....thank you. lol Spain is another country I would one day love to visit, so much history and beautiful buildings. Australia is such a young country, we don't have such age and history here. Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures.

Maya Kuzman said...

I am so glad you stopped by Anita! Thank you on the sweet comment! Yes, Spain is a fantastic country and I hope we can go back there in the near future.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maya Kuzman said...

Dearest Su,
I erased your comment by mistake and I am sorry about that. The bad thing is that I cannot retrieve it :(
Please note that I always appreciate your visits and comments for which I am deeply thankful!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I hope I can visit one day. Looks incredible.