Monday, May 29, 2017

Insta love: Crochet Girl Gang





Happy Monday guys! A couple of days between us and June eh? So exciting!

I feel so relieved when June comes and start to unwind gradually, mostly because school's out on the 10th and there is no grading, no homework, no projects, nothing. Except administration work. We get swamped with all sorts of reports and what not - you wouldn't believe the amount of boring stuff we have to do up to the middle of July, but all is done merrily because we do not get to be controlled by the hellish bell. Gosh! I just can't stop blabbing. Sorry about that.


 

Today I wanted to talk about an account I am happy to contribute to that is run by Emma Potter and it is called
Crochet Girl Gang.

Emma started the #crochetgirlgang hashtag on International Women's Day 2016 with a single-minded determination for creating a space for women to share their crochet makes in a happy, vibrant environment.

She says: "One year later and the hashtag now has over 100,000 amazing crochet pictures to its credit and almost 50,000 girls in the gang. It is an incredible community and I'm not just saying that because I created it, it really is.
The support from the gang when pictures are reposted is overwhelmingly lovely; girls saying congratulations to other girls, asking for patterns, sending love. Also if I get something wrong (it happens), it's so lovely to see that girls other than the image owner will pull me up on it, so cool to see that kind of community spirit. The #crochetgirlgang makes me happy every. single. day."

Join the happy community today and share some inspiration of your own.

 

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lots of inspiring projects to be found there! :) I do not miss my teaching days at all. Don't think I have the patience anymore. Have a good week.

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun group to belong to and be inspired by. Gorgeous projects there. Love the cute little reindeer. It sounds like your June is going to be the best, Maya.

Maya Kuzman said...

Likewise Tammy. Sadly,the job has lost its charm.

Maya Kuzman said...

I know it will be Kim! Cannot wait!