Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Decorating for Christmas - The Rustic Lover

Via Pinterest

On our other website's blog,  we have started a short Christmas decorating series. Last week we wrote about how to  decorate for Christmas the traditional way, but today we'll focus on the Rustic Lover.

The sole word "Rustic" implies the smell of wood and pines, burlap, weathered antiques and warm, soft natural textures.

Via Domestically Speaking

The rustic Christmas tree is calmer in tones embracing ornaments in natural colors - those being white, beige, brown, grey with a great amount of golden or silver sprinkles, although red as a festive color is also included.

Via AnExtraordinaryDay

Via Pinterest
 

 

Via theroomedit.stfi.re

Rustic decorations come from the nature. You don't need much to give your place a festive look. You need lots of pinecones, pine branches, some wood slices to hold your handles, an eye-catching arrangement of all and the magic is on.

Via Curated Interior
 
If you want to make a fairytale fireplace, arrange the same gifts of nature into a wooden crate, add colorful baubles and winter berries branches.  
 
 
Wonderful Rustic DIY Ornaments
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the post!
 


 
 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of inspiration again! I especially love the 'homespun fabric ornaments' and the wreath with fabric (burlap?). That natural look is so calming, lovely!
I'm keeping my Christmas decoration rather limited because of my cats who like to play with everything ( or even eat each branch with leaves I dare to place inside )but there ever comes a moment that I don't have playful cats in my house, I'm going all the way with this kind of Christmas decoration :-)

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

It does look pretty and classy, doesn't it... Very different to the colourful Christmases we've been having these last two years. Well, maybe next year, or the year after... You do tempt us with these inspiration boards!!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am torn between decorations because each member has individual desires. So we have to try and find a compromise. Our tree isn't put up yet. We are doing it this weekend. Haven't been this late ever. But there is a reason for it.

Maya Kuzman said...

I adore rustic decorations and although colors are my thing, I wouldn't mind having a rustic Christmas :)

Divya N said...

Such amazing inspiration. I love the sledge, the wreath with sprigs and the sheet music tree. I usually do one or two decor items every December to put up in my office and these look like very interesting options

Kim said...

Such a lovely post, Maya. These rustic ideas are gorgeous.....but.....I am still a pretty, pastel kinda girl. =)

handmade by amalia said...

Just the sort of decorations I like.
Amalia
xo