Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Repurposed Wooden Boxes Idea



 
 
For Christmas I bought some stars and Santas that were packed in these small and cute plywood boxes. The minute I saw them I knew they were up to a change.
 
What I did. I chose beautiful fabric and a decorative velvet ribbon.
 

I measured the little squares and cut the fabric accordingly.

 
 
Glued the bottoms with white glue and applied the fabric pieces.
 
 
 
Applied glue on the sides of the box and glued the ribbon too.
 
 \
 
When it was finished drying I added the birdies.
 
 

I could think of tons of ways to use these: trinket, jewelry / office supplies holders, fun to keep sewing supplies in; especially cute if you are a miniature fan so you can add some toys here.



 

12 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Great idea (never throw anything away!) and it looks so lovely now!

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes. I never do if it is wood (even plywood :)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

You made the boxes look so pretty Maya. I love the floral fabrics. :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! It looks so inviting, the stuff in those beautifully embellished boxes! I'm going to keep this idea to make for my own craft space.
Have a nice day,
Sigrid

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great upcycling!

handmade by amalia said...

What a sweet idea, Maya. I like the way you've played with the textures.
Amalia
xo

kidcandoodle said...

Love how you made them perfectly for your contents like the crochets bits and buttons

Cream Linen said...

They are very cute and useful.Well done Maya.

Divya said...

The boxes look lovely repurposed. The arrangement of fabric cut outs makes the box very appealing.

Alhana said...

These boxes look much better now. What a great idea! I love the birdies sitting on the edge. :-)

Unknown said...

Such a clever idea! I'll have to look a little more closely at the packaging of my parcels from now on :)