Monday, February 19, 2018

Insta Love: Zazi Vintage




Happy Monday all!

Today I want to put the focus on a brand that embraces and promotes traditional ethnic craftsmanship - a collaboration project including artisans from all over the word, where the emphasis is placed on sustainability and women's economic and social independence.
 

 
 
Jeanne ZIZI Margot de Kroon, the founder of Zizi Vintage, having worked for a big and unethical retail company,  decides to completely quit the modeling industry and focus studies and worldwide women empowerment projects because as she says:
 
"Fashion for me means story telling and the stories of the clothes I wear have to resonate to my beliefs. Because of this, I now no longer shop in chain stores, big companies or online. From countries like Guatemala to India, Lithuania to Ethiopia, I have gathered my wardrobe and found the most intriguing and inspiring pieces that all carry a unique story and connect me to another time, place and or person. 
 
I want people to know exactly where their clothes are coming from, by who they are being found by and exactly who they are supporting with their purchases. Portraying both these sides, I believe I can create a bridge, passing over what I have learned and continue to learn but also receiving lessons from the women of all corners of this wonderfully weird and beautiful planet earth that we are apart of".

Read more about the brand and the vintage chapters they created here.


 
 
 

5 comments:

myrica said...

So nice. I like the vintage clothes.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Don't know what so vintage about these clothes, I like them, especially the colours!

Maya Kuzman said...

The fabric they are made of is vintage as well the cut and the patterns. They have a deep retro feel.

handmade by amalia said...

Sounds like a brand worth supporting and the cloths are beautiful.
Amalia
xo

Kim said...

Beautiful clothes in the most gorgeous designs and fabrics. I adore vintage. An excellent initiative to support.