Friday, February 16, 2018

Sprouting



Snowdrops, primroses, wild violets... They have all sprouted tricked by the fair weather tickling their seeds, caressing their stems, kissing their fragile petals.

Wishing for snow and seeing that it is not going to happen this year, I succumbed to the realization that spring is inevitably on its way.

My mind switched into a different mode and this is the result of it. I chose this lovely, used vintage fabric that was a skirt in its previous life, to make a mixed media necklace that is part of the Victorian collection I am slowly enlarging.

With this I bid you farewell and wish you all a perfect weekend!



5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh how exciting.....Spring is on it's way to you. =) Love this beautiful Victorian-like necklace, Maya. Each lovely piece make for a most gorgeous accessory.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Ah well, at least the snow is quietly melting away. But that doesn't mean spring is anywhere newar here though. We'll have to wait and see... Love your necklace - it's absolutely lovely!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim! There are so many ideas swirling in my head, I hope I make half of them :)

Maya Kuzman said...

The forecast says we are in for some heavy snow activity next week...pfff I highly doubt that! Luckily the nearby mountains are under a heavy blanket so I hope we will be able to go there soon.

handmade by amalia said...

This is lovely, especially when it is inspired by nature. We've not had a proper winter yet and already spring is on its way.
Amalia
xo