Monday, March 21, 2011

Crochet a ring - a tutorial





Ok. Today I managed to make the how to I'd promised in my last post.
Now, here is a short (extremely easy) tutorial showing how to crochet around a ring with unambiguous explanation and without any technical terms. This is how I do it.


Step 1: Tie the thread around the ring and leave a short tail.



Step 2: Insert the ring up front, bring it down ...



....take the thread and bring it all the way up.



Step 3: Yarn the thread over and pull it through both loops.



That's it. This is one single crochet completed.



Step4: Continue working in this fashion until you reach the end.
When you do, finish off the thread by passing the cut end through the last loop.
Pull it firmly and then
thread a needle and tie both ends.




Step 5: To weave it, pass the needle through the last loop and
do the stitching back and forth for a couple of times under the crochet seam.


This is the finished ring.



Make some more and wear them proudly :)




You can also continue crocheting in a pattern if you want to make the bangle more elaborate.
If you find any interesting patterns please share- I am willing to try them out!
P.S. Divya, I hope you can make lots of them now!

14 comments:

Ana Stepalica said...

Narukvice su jako slatke! Mislim da bi super izgledale i kada bi ih heklala koristeci tanku satensku traku, ili trakice od koze. Jesi li probala nesto slicno?

Maya Kuzman said...

Ana I've tried the stars and the moon! Tomorrow I am sharing the tiniest rings I could find to crochet and use for my next necklace!

Anonymous said...

good tutorial ☺

MateaTPol said...

they are so modern! i like it a lot :)

Papgena Made It said...

It's very easy indeed!
When I was a child my mother had some napkins' rings made this way: several crochet rings and a ribbon through them all.

Julie Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Okay your tute is so clear, maybe even I can do this!!! Did you children take these photos as well? Amazing!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Well KJ, Jacob insisted doing them.Funny thing is we didn't have to retake them a thousand times.Not a bad job for a five year old!

The Beading Gem said...

This looks like fun! You've inspired me to try this! I will feature/link in a future post so others can come visit!

Pearl
http://www.beadinggem.com

Erin Kate said...

Too cute!

Audrey said...

Beautiful tutorial Maya! I love the colors you've chosen. Thank you so much for sharing!

Audrey
http://AudreyGardenLady.blogspot.com

Gosia said...

LOVE your blog!!!!!!

http://gosinychciuchwkilka.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

A great tutorial Maya, your close-up shots are very clear. Thanks for the crochet re-fresher!

Unknown said...

What a fun project Maya! You can make them in any colour you like, matching your outfit! Have a lovely weekend, Ira