Monday, July 4, 2011

Crochet trims - part one

Today I am sharing the pattern for this trim:


As you already know I love crocheting edges and trims and received many sweet comments and mails regarding the same which I adorned my old tees with.
This is a pattern that is quite easy to make and it looks fabulous - whether you are going to apply it on your tees or pillows. It's a shell pattern and you will need basic crocheting skills to make it.

Make the foundation by chain stitching the number of stitches you will have for your project. It usually takes twice the width of the related project.



The pattern:

Row1: Single crochet (sc) in every stitch until the end.


Chain (ch) 1 and turn your work.


Row 2: *5 sc in same stitch, ch 1 and slip stitch in the second stitch from the stitch you are working on. Chain 1, skip one stitch and in the next one continue from *. End it with a slip stitch. Tie it and weave the end.


This is what you will get. It's beautiful, isn't it?

*Linda, I hope this will make your tees fantastic. If you need help with the stitches try the Lion brand site. They have wonderful picture tutorials of the stitches.*

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Maya thanks! Your tut is very clear, even I should be able to do it now (I think, I hope, I guess... ;-) I will have a go at this! Thanks again!

CrochetBlogger said...

Definitely a great little way to add some pop to your existing items!

Ebony said...

Oooh thank you so much for this! I'm only a beginner crocheter but I *think* I just might be able to pull this off! :)

magdamagda said...

beautiful clear tute pics and instructions! makes me want to crochet!:)) I have quite a few crochet needles that i took with me from Romania, so we never know...

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I love that you are sharing this, Maya. I'm hoping to start learning to crochet very soon :)

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Hi dear, its beautiful,Thanks for sharing this, & for the shared link, its really useful for those who want to learn from start :)
Thanks *(*

LindaJ said...

Maya!! Thank you! You made this look so easy that I know I can do it! I will certainly give it a try as soon as I can. I have all the supplies and tools! You made an excellent tutorial! The one question I have for when you get back and settled (there is absolutely no hurry)how do you attach it to your t's. I saw that you use what looks like a blanket stitch to work yours on. I'm a sewer and probably would sew it on or hand stitch it on. But, like your look also.
Thank you so much!!!
Hugs,
LindaJ

Unknown said...

yeah I have to try this one day (i mean adding crocheted edgings to things). i love crochet and most of my t-shirts are boring. this would really spruce them up eh?

Papgena Made It said...

very clear and very well 'pictured'! :)
It's a nice detail for sure!

Pradeepa said...

Looks very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, what a lovely idea! Janette

Make handmade said...

cute tutorial for edging and flower.... thanks

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for this. I'm only a beginner crocheter and absolutely impressed by you work.
KidsOrganicShop.com