Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Black bolero with a ruffled front tutorial

This is the tutorial for the black bolero. A great T-shirt refashion idea. This is how I made it. It couldn't be simpler.

Step 1: You need one T-shirt. Mark the length you want it to be (mine is 40 cm) and mark down the center.


Step 2: Cut down the marked places.


Step 3: Sew and hem all around the bolero (i.e. the sides that are cut)


Step 4: From the pieces left over from the t-shirt make straps and ruffle them. Pin the ruffles on the bolero.


Step 5: Sew the ruffles on and you are done! This is the new bolero!

2 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I just saw your project on Create and Delegate. This is ingenious. Perfect cover up for sundresses, etc. Great idea and execution!

Aie Amy said...

nice tutorial.. by the way, I was looking for a tutorial on how to make a bolero. may be from scratch.. I want to wear it to my prom night and i don't think that a bolero from t-shirt material will match my silk dress. do you have any suggestion?