Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Japanese Flower Headband



Those who follow my Facebook Fan Page have already seen this headband featured there. I fell in love with the flower the minute I saw it and I even made a mini version of it with a "microscopic hook" I inherited from my grandmother and equally spider web-like cotton thread.

Today is a holiday in my country celebrating the Day of the Virgin Mary. It has been a relaxed and lounge around (not all) day and I must say that I always feel strange lounging in the middle of the week when we should be bursting with or at least at the top of our energy and as a matter of fact I burst it in my kids' room and did some "summer cleaning". It's much easier to do it when the kids are not around (mine are still on vacation at their grandparents) in the sense you can get rid of the stuff they won't let go of. Maybe I am not one who should say this being on the "let's keep this one - we might need it one day" side. 
My husband absolutely hates it when in midst of throwing something I'd say "I need that - I might use it in a project". However, I tried to be reasonable today, not get attached to things and actually filled two big boxes to the brim with unnecessary things. So speaking of decluttering, I did my best.

Tomorrow I am going to re-arrange supplies in my craft cupboard  and show you some pictures of it. Maybe you remember my husband promised to make me one a while ago. Well he kept his promise. Needless to say I am in love with it!


7 comments:

Karolina said...

nice!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Beautiful! I had no idea it was a midweek holiday, enjoy! I am very much looking forward to seeing your new craft cupboard. How exciting!

Unknown said...

How very very beautiful this is, such an intricate pattern (or at least, that's what it looks to me, to your experienced eyes and hands this is a piece of cake no doubt ;-) Love this!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Winnie said...

This is very very beautiful!!
I have a very long hair and I'd looooooooooove to wear it :)

Susan@Organized31 said...

What a truly lovely flower and headband (and model :). I'm looking forward to seeing your craft room redo. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

Ana Love Craft said...

This japanese flower headband is absolutely gorgeous!The model is just beautiful!Thanks for sharing!Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs and love from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com


dora ramalho said...

lovely :)

Kiss
Dora
www.ziripiti.com