Wednesday, April 20, 2016

10 Fabulous Fabric Scraps Ideas

 
 
 
 

Whenever I do a textile project I am left with quite a lot of scraps which I am not eager to throw away. On the other hand they take so much space with their disproportionate sizes and shapes and storing them is a head-scratching job. Recently, decluttering and sorting through my fabric stash, I piled them up in a box, hoping to find the right project to use them for. I thought of fabric beads  and necklaces first {you know me}, but decided to check up on some fresh pinterest ideas. I narrowed the list to 10 awesome projects.

1. The cutest will have to be the Fabric Stamps above.

2. Next, using the scraps to make some adorable pillows



 



 
 
3. Fantastic toys:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4. Garlands and Buntings:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5. Dreamy Dream Catchers:
 
 
 
 
 
 
6. Warm and Colorful Birdhouses:
 
 

 
 
 
  
7. Upcycling wooden spoons: 
 
 
 
 
8. Fabric Scraps Magnets:
 
 
 
 
 
 
9. Fabric Scraps as Wall Art
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
10. Fabric Scraps Mobile 
 
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

Alhana said...

I wish I had a fabric stash to be able to collect scraps from them after finishing some sewing projects! All your ideas are awesome but I'd be in for the stamps and tea bags. Can they be any cuter?

Divya N said...

Great finds Maya, I love the spoon and bird collage ideas and will try them out

myrica said...

I wish I had fabric to do the stamps they are so sweet.

Maya Kuzman said...

They can't! :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Ohh.. the spoons are dreamy. Would be a great display!

Maya Kuzman said...

I too wish I had fabric as cute as hers :)

handmade by amalia said...

The dreamy dream catcher! Yes!
Amalia
xo

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So many beautiful ideas, Maya. I really like the buntings. xoxo Su

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Super cute ideas! Thanks for linking up to Link Party Palooza!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Steph!

Karren Haller said...

There are so many great ideas here to use scrapes and leftover material from making 100's of masks.

Sharon Sews said...

Wow! You just took care of Christmas 2023 for me!! Wonderful ideas, thank you!! Sharon

Janice said...

I love your ideas. Will definitely use some.

IRMA said...

I love the round magnet