Saturday, July 16, 2011

How to attach a trim to a tee



Following a question I decided to show you how to attach a crochet trim to a tee. This is so easy and sort of clicks when you see it, so I wonder if I should be doing this.


What you need:

- A simple t-shirt
- A crochet trim
- Embroidery thread
- Embroidery needle
- Pins

 
Position the trim on your tee.



Pin the trim in place.
Please note that I am on vacation - pinless- so I had to improvise and used hairpins instead.

 
Employ the running stitch to sew it on. Sew close to the edge of the t-shirt and be careful to do the sewing on the foundation of the crochet trim since it is denser there and your sewing stitch wouldn't show.

A look from behind:



Up front. See... it doesn't show.

 
And that's it. This can also be sewn by a sewing machine. It's up to you.

Next time I will show you the difficult bit - how to actually crochet on the tee.

18 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Love the addition of the grey trim on this shirt. What a great summer top!

Unknown said...

That looks lovely Maya!

CrochetBlogger said...

Nice instruction for dressing up a top!

harmony and rosie said...

This is so effective, it's beautiful. Hope your holiday is going well x

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Thanks for this awesome tutorial..very useful..
Love ~

Balbina said...

simple but beautiful

creativejewishmom/sara said...

great to see you Maya! Sometimes it's the obvious that just might not occur to us. Thanks for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

Katie said...

i love the tips! I'd love if you would join us over at Sew Woodsy and link up this project!

Cynthia L. H. said...

Maya, this is lovely! I love inspiring tips that take the simplest things and present them in a new way.
;^)
Thank you for sharing!
;^)
Cynthia

Red Hen (dette) said...

I love the impromptu pins! I've seen something very similar for sale for quilters to use for binding their quilts - at first I thought that is what they were. Very cute singlet top too.

Hannah Handmade said...

Aww, soooo cute! I love it!

Katie said...

I still can't get over how easy you make this look. Thank you for linking up last week at Sew Woodsy! Please come back tomorrow and link up your most recent project!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing. I am so inspired!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I REALLY love this, Maya! Especially the gray on gray. It's such a neat look :)

Casey said...

it looks great!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the tut on crocheting on the Tee. I tired it awhile back and it did not turn out to well for me. I just gave up.

Maya Kuzman said...

Wildflower: the tute is ready for quite a while now, but I am to guest another fabulous blog with it, so that's why I am not posting it yet. It should happen in the middle of this week!
And it's not as hard as you think (you'll see). Don't ever give up!!
I never do :)

Carol said...

Love this! Is there a pattern for the crochet piece?