Friday, October 15, 2010

Fabric embroidered brooches



Sorting through my ever growing stash of fabric, ribbons and other stuff I dug out a box full of fabric embroidered brooches I have never shown here.

As you already know I am nuts about fabric accessories. I also have a soft spot for brooches, especially embroidered ones. As you will notice yourselves, they all feature flowers since I find Mother Nature remarkably inspiring.

French knots (Remember what I told you about these?)


Up-close and personal...





Flower arrangements purely romantic. You can guess the mood I was in.




This is actually a cushion for the rocking chair of Mr. Augustus the mouse (it's a long story...).



I hope you enjoyed the display!

9 comments:

Emer said...

I am sure Mr Augustus loves that cushion. Very pretty colours on these brooches.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Emer!Those are my favourite colors (needless to mention as it is obvious...)

Mruna Mistry said...

I love brooches and I love hand embroidery especially flowers made of french knots! These are gorgeous!

Papgena Made It said...

They're lovely! You are a tallented embroiderer!!
I also think they'll make a beautiful Christmas gift!

Ophelia.K said...

Wow, you have so much nice work here!! I love them so much. It's so nice to have on on jeans like you did in the first picture!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you all on the sweet comments!
Ophelia: the fist of the brooches was photographed a long time ago and at that time I couldn't find better background, so I used my jeans for the purpose!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Love the look of the brooch against denim! I totally agree with Papgena Made It, these would make a beautiful Christmas gift. Your embroidery style would also look wonderful as a large covered button, just spectacular.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thanks KJ. I've also made some embroidered buttons but it'll require some more digging :)

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! - I love it with the denim too.