Have you noticed how popular tassels are lately? You can find them everywhere - sewn on pillows or blankets, made into a garland, put on jewelry.
Personally, I find them very cute. Especially when incorporated in a jewelry piece. And I thought I might make some for me and Eva. So here is an easy tutorial how to make tassels and tassel bracelets.
1. To make this project you will need:
* embroidery floss
* a small piece of cardboard
* tapestry needle
* sead beads
2. The cardboard piece is 3 cm / 1.2" long (so is the tassel). Wrap the embroidery floss on the cardboard - the more you add -the bigger / fatter it will get.
3. Cut a longish (about 15 cm / 5.9") piece of floss, insert it inside the tassel in the make and tie it at the top two or three times to be sure it will stay as is.
4 / 5 Take the tassel off the cardboard carefully. Insert a pencil (I used my scissors) at the top and using another piece of floss, wrap it near the top several times and then tie it to secure that part.
6. Pull the scissors out and cut at the bottom. Trim the tassel. Do not cut the top floss because you'll use that to tie the tassel on the bracelet.
1. Next, string beads and make the bracelets.
2. Tie the tassel on the bracelet.
3. Thread a tapestry needle with the floss of the tassel and put it through the center of the tassel t actually hide it. If it peaks underneath - trim it. Do so with the other end.
And that's it!
You can use the tassels to make this lovely wall ornament too.