Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Mix & Match: Golden Meadow Necklace

 
 
The purging and clearing of heavily burdened boxes spilling out my crochet treasures continues in the new year and the end is nowhere to be seen!
I am literally out of my wits, wondering what to do with this alpinic proportions of said treasures and I know I should be thanking the heavens more for having a husband that effortlessly deals with these yarn and textile outbursts!
 
The first handling was rather successful (I think) for I have used several tubes for this necklace and a handful of flowers. I actually didn't snap any before pictures because I was competing with the daylight and it won :P.
 
I slid three different size tubes onto the main one and sewed the flowers in the arrangement that you see and that I liked most.
The pattern for the tubes is here and the one for the gerberas is here. The others are product of my whims - as always.
 
We also have kits for the tubes and you might want to check out those too.



8 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful way to use treasured crochet items! My husband has banned me from buying more, and whilst I complied last year I think I might sneak some more things in this year :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Helen! I try to declutter crochet pieces by joining them into a bigger project like this necklaces. My "always to go" second option is to make brooches. That one never fails too :)
I consider myself a lucky lady. Whenever we pass the yarn store he even tempts me by saying: "Don't you want to see what new things they've brought?" But he knows that most of the time I control myself, so he doesn't feel threatened. :)

Mia said...

Fabulous pendant, Maya!!!!!!! Oh, I love crochet pendants. And this one has BEAUTIFUL colours. Hugs, my friend.

Kim said...

I would love to take a peek inside those heavily burdened boxes filled with crochet pretties, Maya. Your Golden Meadows necklace is lovely. The orange and yellow flowers are a sight to behold. The artful arrangement of both the tubing and the flowers looks wonderful. An understanding husband is a most excellent thing. =)

Alhana said...

I love this eruption of summer in the middle of the cold winter! The flower arrangement and colours are eye-catching. Your work is always very inspiring. May we have a quick sneak peek inside those boxes, please? ;-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Mia!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim.Yellow is not my go to color but it is always so refreshing to add to a project :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Erutpion of summer, you say... I like that, sounds soothing and promising :)
I might show a little peek if I manage to sort them out and prep them for a show.