Monday, January 7, 2019

Grey Wramers and Kerchief



Hello world! Happy Monday!

The time has stopped in my corner of the world and we are still in a lounge mode and we'll be for a couple of more days. Still off the hook and just soaking up family time, drawing, sketching and designing every now and then, but I do have to show you something new -  another of the non-planned sets I've made recently.

This time the set is in grey and both the kerchief  and the warmers are the same in pattern as the burgundy one, the only difference being the size of yarn.

Size of yarn is making quite a difference this year. Everywhere I look there are chunky sweaters bubbling with patterns and bobbles (which I got addicted to, too easily) and I get the impression that designers are competing who's going to make a chunkier one... or am I mistaken? Makes you want to stop at the yarn shop and buy a load. Sadly, my stash lacks such but I do feel tempted yarn buddies. I think I might succumb to it.

What's your preference when it comes to yarn size?



The set is in our shop

12 comments:

Mia said...

Really beautiful set, Maya. And perfect for the season!!!!!!!! I love the grey colour you used. Hugs, my friend. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love this combination. It's all so beautiful. Your crochet makes, nature and your lovely model.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Beautiful, as always!

Alhana said...

This grey set looks very wintery and chic. Agree, chunky yarn items are sprouting everywhere... Sadly for me because I much prefer thin yarns and bulky clothes don't compliment my tiny frame.
Enjoy Christmas time with your family!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Mia! I know grey is one of the colors you like :)
Happy new year to you too!

Maya Kuzman said...

Many thanks Tammy!

Maya Kuzman said...

Hugs and kisses Marjan!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana! I must say, albeit sport yarn is my forte, my magic, my love, I don't mind working with bulky yarn. And I would love to have a big cardigan to wrap around myself!

myrica said...

love this combination. It's all so beautiful.
Have a nice day

Kim said...

I love knitting with chunky yarn....besides it knits up quickly, which is always a good thing. I love the texture of bobbles and cables. More beautiful designs, Maya. Gorgeous photo shoot. Love the photo of your daughter with the avenue of trees as the backdrop!

Sum of their Stories said...

What a pretty set.
I like a DK yarn which is the most popular traditionally here in the UK, It's a light worsted I believe.
I do like chunky yarn sometimes for something quick but I'm afraid I have little patience for anything finer most of the time.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! I find it quite relaxing working with chunkier yarn, and appreciate the immediate sense of fulfillment and accomplishement because the project work fast :)