Saturday, June 15, 2019

Crochet Oya Headband - free pattern



Hello all! 
I have a cute weekend project for you today - an oya lariat / headband that you can whip up in minutes. 

Materials: 
1. Crochet thread #10
2. Metal hook 1.7 mm
3. Seed beads (amount depends on length of the lariat)

1.First thread the beads onto the thread. I always say better have too many, then run out of them. I used 20. 
(You can use more beads in the space between 2 flowers - I used just 1)

2. Start with the flower. 
The pattern goes like this: ch 4 and sl st in the very 1st st. Next tr3 in that 1st st and lastly ch 5 and sl st (also in the 1st st). One petal is made. Push a bead and sc over it. Repeat the above pattern for the next petal. When the second petal is done, sl st once in the 1st st of the first petal - do so with the other petals too. There should be 4.

3. Chain 15, push a bead, chain 15 more. Start a new flower. Repeat flower pattern. Work this until you reach desired length. Finish the headband with a flower. 

You can make it with sport yarn too, but the crochet thread makes it extra delicate and feminine. 

Enjoy it!


 

14 comments:

Kim said...

This is such a pretty headband, Maya. The flowers are sweet and I love how they trail down the back of the hair.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim. I wanted to make it longer, but settled on this length and I beleive I made the right choice.

Himawan Sant said...

Beautiful headband ...
My little niece would love and want to make it too because she likes accessories.

Thank you for describing how to make it.
Greetings from me in Indonesia.

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Estupenda tu entrada! Espero verte pronto por mi blog! Feliz fin de semana precios@! ♥️♥️♥️

Tarahlynn said...

This turned out so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at the To grandma's house we go link party, I'll be featuring you when the next party starts on Wednesday!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Himawan! I hope she does!

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Carolina and thank you for your comment! I'll be sure to visit yours!

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, thank you so much Tarahlyn! Cannot wait!

Sofie said...

Love it, so nice to see this fine crochet work.
Greets Sofie, from Belgium ;-)

Sylvia | Grace for a Gypsy said...

Cut headband. Found you at the diy-linky June 18

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Hi Maya, I saw your feature at the Saturday Sparks party and had to come over and take a closer look at your pretty crochet headband. So pretty! I pinned it to my Knit|Crochet board to share 😊

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Marie! It is such a rewarding project I hope you give it a try!

Maya Kuzman said...

Hello Sylvia and thank you for stopping by!

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Sofie! Thank you so much for your sweet comment!