Saturday, August 15, 2020

Happy Granny Square Day!

 
Today's International Granny Square Day and since I am incurably in love with grannies, I couldn't pass this fleetingly. 
Recently, I wanted to see how would a stash of my crochet flowers fit into a square, so I made this ..uhm.. let's call it a flower frame - it's not really a conventional granny, but it was born with that idea behind. When I made it, I thought I might turn it into a bag, or a pocket for a bag, and I am still playing with ideas. 

How do you feel about grannies? 

Here's my last year's selection of grannies regarding the day.




6 comments:

Kim said...

Why, I believe I have not seen a more gorgeous granny square, Maya. 'Tis terribly clever and I love how you have thought out of that traditional square. =) Love, Love, LOVE it!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The flowers are great, they'll look so sweet sewn onto a regular granny square quilt. Happy stitching!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Kim! I am truly overwhelmed by the love this one has got on social media! And, though I love a traditional granny square, it is always immensely exciting to step out the box and try something different!

Maya Kuzman said...

*out of the box

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Gretchen! That is one superb idea!

Sum of their Stories said...

What a beautiful idea, I love your flower frame granny!
I'm a huge fan of a good old granny square. It's what I always start people on if I'm teaching them to crochet. Granny square day is so much fun and so full of wonderful inspiration.