Monday, March 8, 2021

Happy 8th of March!

This post is a celebratory tribute to all the remarkable women throughout history for their sacrifice, struggles, noteworthy achievements, contributions and victories. It is no small feat being a woman in a world ruled by men. 

One thing is for sure. Their legacy is not a burden, but armored wings to take us to even higher grounds.

                                                          (My mother and my aunt)

(My grandmothers)

I am thankful to my female tribe of strong, confident, independent, and powerful women, who struggled and fought, thrived and succeeded.

I am grateful for all the love, care, and support they gave, spread and invested in me to encourage, and empower me to bud, flourish, define and shape me into the person I am today. I pray to be the same role model for my children. I am humbled, honored and blessed to have (had) you in my life.

Happy 8th of March to you all! Stay strong and keep spinning the world around!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Lovely photos of the amazing women in your life and beautiful words honouring these women who have shaped you to be the astonishing woman you are, Maya. Gorgeous photo of your mother and aunt. Yes, let us all "stay strong and keep spinning the world around". Happy Marth 8th to you!

Kate said...

A lovely tribute, Maya.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much on your heartfel, warm comment Kim! There's not a day that passes by that I don't think of my grandmothers (both in heaven) and their huge influence on me! I will be forever grateful for being blessed having them in my life. Happy 8th!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you, Kate!

annies home said...

you have a strong background history to help you thru life oh what wonderful stories. I am thankful that I too have been blessed with strong women and as far as that goes men as well. Thanks for sharing your story
come see us at http://shopannies.blogpsot.com

Maya Kuzman said...

So very true Annie!! Lessons learned and stories told will forever be treasured. Thank you on the sweet comment! I've just visited your lovely blog ;)

My thrift store addiction said...

What a lovely tribute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Naush said...

what a beautiful tribute !
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party. We're delighted that you joined the party.
Much love
Naush

My Hubbard Home said...

Maya, love this tribute to women, and that you gave such honor and respect to your mom, aunt and grandmothers.
Where would we be without those who walked before us!

Congratulations, you are one of the features this week at the Friday with Friends link party.