Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Crochet Edgings: Ruffles

 

When it comes to interesting crochet edging techniques, ruffles first come to mind, because they are not just easy to make, but they give the crochet project beautiful, feminine and charming edge. 

Ruffles can be added to any kind of projects, whether home decor (pillows and blankets), clothing or  accessories. 

The beauty of ruffles is that you can use it with every stitch; the trick is that you have to double (triple) the number of stitches made into a single stitch. 

In my top I am going to show you this Friday, I used ruffles to give it a frilly finish, and I am quite stoked how they turned out. 

I have used in my scarves and the sleeves of the baby dress bellow. I love to make a summer top with ruffled sleeves. Actually, dreaming it up is all I have been doing lately.  

What is your go-to crochet edging technique?

 

If you missed my last post, click here for the free poppy pattern.

6 comments:

Alhana said...

I usually go with crab stitch for a simple edging or scallops if I am feeling fancy. Ruffles are fun too! :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes to scallops, no to crab stitch :)
I am always in for a fancy finish.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I don't often make anything that requires a fancy edging. One day I will make something to wear, I swear. ;)

Kim said...

A fancy ruffle or two works for me.

handmade by amalia said...

You are a master of your craft.
Amalia
xo

R's Rue said...

So pretty. I love it. Have a beautiful day. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com