Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Crochet (Granny) Hexagons

 
Crochet hexagons, or popularly called "hexies" are perfect for beginners, and they can be used for variety of things, most often blankets, rugs and bags, but they are also popular as potholders and table runners. The same as for  grannies, and triangles, by adding additional rounds, hexies can be expanded to different sizes which makes them suitable for grand projects. 


The most favourite hexagon type in the past was the African flower (free pattern here), while nowadays, I believe the ones with 3D flowers at the center are gaining on popularity. I have one such ready to show you on Friday. 

Have you made anything with hexagons? 
This is a granny inspired month, so if you missed it, here we tackled granny squares, and here we talked about triangles.
                                                                 

2 comments:

ruşyena said...

Hi Maya! I cant't wait to see your hexagon with 3D flower.

Maya Kuzman said...

I love them so much, I think I'll be making more!