Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last minute gifts - {A flower rosette necklace}


This necklace was inspired by my love for vintage things and lovely roses so I combined both to make this sweet necklace.

What you need:
(and a metal chain)

Make the fabric rosette by sewing a strip of fabric, roll and twist it around to get it into shape. There are lots of fabric flower tutorials on the Internet so if you are new to this, it won't be a problem. For the rose I used gauze. I loosely sewed a tube out of it and then pulled one of the threads to gather it. I shaped it into a rose.

Then I gathered the piece of lace and sewed the flowers on top of it. I attached the chain to the lace piece and this lovely necklace was born.

Isn't it gorgeous? And it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to make it! Enjoy!

I just can bear the cuteness!

9 comments:

harmony and rosie said...

So creative, effective and definitely pretty!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Maya

How funny the post I am doing for Friday is similar to what you made. Great minds think alike. : )

Vanessa

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very lovely. Your components compliment each other perfectly.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I think I have everything to make this. Absolutely beautiful. You are sharing so many beautiful ideas.

Unknown said...

Hi!

I just wanted you to know that i featured you and your lovely shop on my blog today!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!

http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-friday-sewella.html

~ Sarah

Unknown said...

How utterly cool and pretty at the same time Maya, that fabric doily is gorgeous! Have a great weekend, Ira

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

hey dear Maya!
its so cute, love the white :)

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful, I would love to wear it. Happy holidays from Bacon Time.

G Inspires said...

Very pretty thanks for sharing, visiting via Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop