Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Belt to Bracelet DIY




 Hi guys! Today I have to show you the easiest repurpose ever. 
The story of this faux leather belt is quite short because it broke off after just a couple of times being worn - I hate when that happens, and I also hate to throw away things that are not falling apart or that I can repurpose and reuse for something else {with my mind's eye I can see my husband rolling his eyes at this}.

So instead of throwing it away I decided to turn it into a bracelet. See, it wasn't worn out at other places - just the place it tore apart at. 

You can also do this with an old belt you are attached too or seems doable. 


First measure how long you want to leave it and cut the rest.



 Next, mark where you want the new holes to be and punch them. My puncher was too big so instead I used my round nose pliers, although the leather was so soft I could have easily punched them with a nail. 


And that's it! You can add charms, metal (wooden) rings or other things to adorn it - frankly, I like it better without anything on it. Hope you enjoyed this!



14 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

brilliant!!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ale!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

The belt made into a bracelet looks so stylish and perfect on your daughter! Thanks for sharing this idea.

Maya Kuzman said...

hahaha... Thank you Julie, but that's me. I'll be wearing this!

Agy said...

Gorgeous little upcycle!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank yiu Agy!

handmade by amalia said...

A clever idea and very stylish.
Amalia
xo

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

What a simple idea, but still really cute! :) Lisa

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Amalia :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, and I can combine it with another piece I have in beige :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's super cute, Maya, and unique! It looks like something one would find in a store called Anthropologie. xoxo Su

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Su! They certainly have things thst suit my taste :)

The Crowned Goat said...

This is such a cute way to upcycle! I have a few belts I wasn't ready to get rid of either so I can't wait to try this with them. Thanks so much for making this so easy to follow. Have an awesome day, coco

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, that so kind of you Coco! I am glad you like it! Thank you!