Monday, June 15, 2015

7 Free Crochet Bikini Patterns





Although there is less than a week till summer officially starts, here's been scorching hot for a while. And I cannot stop thinking of blue seas, white sand and of course... bikinis!

I have always had a crush on crochet bikinis. I find them irresistible though knowing well they are immensely impractical. I don't know if you have ever worn one but they are only good for showing off. Once, when I was young and had the pre-mama body I crocheted a pair. Seeing how expensive they were at the shops, I decided to make one myself but had no idea how to make it, so I asked a neighbour to help me with my idea. It is quite simple, but I am proud because it was the first bikini I had ever done and it turned out great. I still have it and tried to find it and show it to you in this post, but it seems it is misplaced somewhere. I am determined to find it for a future post - because this is not going to be the last post on swimwear, so sit tight for the next episode. 

Are you a crochet bikini person?

Here I have made a selection of seven bikinis I liked and when you click on the links there will be more patterns included so hopefully you find something you like. 

 

 Bikini 2        Bikini 3


 Enjoy clicking! 

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Crochet Bikinis are a hot trend this summer!

xoxo,
Catherine Catoura
www.catoura.com

Maya Kuzman said...

They certainly are :)
Thank you for dropping by Catherine!

handmade by amalia said...

I love the vintage vibe but can't help but wonder what happens when they get wet? I don't see any lining.
Amalia
xo

Billur said...

Creative idea:) I like number7.

Darlene2303 said...

Test your yarn your using. If it stretches when wet....don't use.....

cidaneuenschwander@gmail.com said...

In Brazil we use to crochet in a yarn named VERANO. Spectacular.

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this beach cover ups – so energetic! I wish I had some worthwhile time to go on so I could wear something like this!

Sabina said...

Ha! I wish I had the body to go with those......

Unknown said...

It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though. Great Thanks. Classic Crochet Bikini

Maya Kuzman said...

Please note these bikinis are not my work.