Hi ladies (and gents?)! Happy start of the week!
I needed a white brooch for one of my shirts, so decided to play with my fabric and make something pleasing to the eye and effective as an accessory.
This is a project you are going to love because it is so easy you can literally make it in less than 15 minutes and it also qualifies for a fabulous last minute gift.
Gather your supplies.
1. You will need: different fabric - I had 4 pieces (cut out squares that could be fold at least once) including gauze, tulle, sateen and taffeta. Lace or sateen ribbon, pearls, cut out cardboard flower. Not shown but needed - sewing thread and needle and a pin. And a marker to copy the flower onto the fabric.
2. Fold all the pieces and lay one on top of the other.
3. Place the flower in the middle and copy it.
4. Pin in several places before cutting.
5. Cut the flower.
6 - 7. Rearrange the fabric so there is a layer of each different fabric.
8. Fold at the center as shown to make those petals raise a bit and give dimension to the flower.
9. Pin that fold to secure it.
10. Thread the needle and sew to center.
11. Add beads / pearls at the center.
12. Collect and arrange the ribbons.
13. Bead the pearls and sew together with the ribbons...
14. ... and onto the back of the brooch.
15. Lastly, sew the pin.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Thank you for being here!