There are four more days until Christmas and if you are still missing ideas for gifts I might have the perfect project for you.
To make the yarn bows necklace you need:
* (leftover) yarn,
* jump rings and a metal chain with lobster clasp as closure.
* sewing needle and thread
1-2. Wrap the yarn around your fingers - the thickness depends on the wrapping - the more strands you have - the thicker the bow. Decide on how thick you want it to be.
3. Carefully take it off and tightly wrap it several times at the center of the bow.
4. Leave a long tail, thread a needle, tie a knot and hide it in the bow. Cut off excess tail.
Make as many as you like. For my necklace I made 4 bows.
7. Attach the other bows as explained above.
8. Add jump rings and the chain at the end bows on each side. And your necklace is done.
- make bobby pins
- refresh old clothes by adding bows in various ways
- decorate hats / bags
- make a bunting