I just finished my new collection of textile jewelry and I am sharing one of the pieces for which while working I took some photos and created this short photo tutorial so you can enjoy making it too.
What you need:
1. Decorative braid (ribbon) and a velvet ribbon (this is optional - you can use whatever type of ribbon / braids/ cords you like). The length is optional too - mine are 23.6" or 60 cm each.
2. Organza strip - (optional too) about 7.9" or 20 cm.
3. Pearls - I used two colors a total of 66 (23 of each color) for the strands, plus 3 more for the rose.
1. Gather your supplies
2. Place the ribbons side by side and pin the organza strip over them
3. Roll it and when satisfied with the roll, pin it to the other side.
4. String your pearls. Explained in 5.
5 - 7: Insert sewing needle at one side, make a tight / strong knot (or sew a couple of stitches to make it strong), then string the pearls, roll the strings around the strip and sew on the other side. Repeat for the second string.
8. To hide the stitching tie an organza bow at the joints.
To add a bit of a charm, make an organza rose and sew it over the bow. And you are good to go.
I hope you like this. It is pretty easy and fast to make and it can be a charming last minute gift.