Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Bohemian Bottlebrush Bracelets Pattern

 
 
 
 
 
When we visited Barcelona this past spring, I saw a bottlebrush for the first time and was quite taken by it to be honest! Nature never ceases to amaze me with its magnificence.
 
These bracelets were inspired by the bottlebrush and I've got the tutorial / pattern for you ready.
 
 
Tutorial:
For the bracelets I used sport yarn and 1.9 mm hook. And a bead for closure.
 
 
Row 1: {Leave a long tail} Chain 5 and sl in the 1st ch. You'll make a picot. Repeat this until you achieve the circumference of your wrist.
 
 
 
When you achieve the desired length, take a button or a bead (whatever you plan to use for closure) chain a certain amount of chains. Try to see if the bead fits. If not - chain some more. If it does, sl st at the beginning of that chain to make the loop or closure.
 
 


Row 2: repeat pattern for row 1. When you make the picot, sl st it in the space of the picot below, then ch 5 again and make another picot and repeat as before.



 
You end this row with a sl st. Leave a long tail again, as you did at the beginning which you will use to secure the bead with.
 
 
 
Adding the spikes
 
 
The spikes make all the difference. They shouldn't be too long (the bracelet would look grotesque) nor too short (the spikes will tie off). I made them 2 cm / 0.8" long.
 
Cut contrasting yarn (a bit longish) and double it. Insert the hook between the first and second picot and yarn over, pulling the yarn up.
 
 
 
Make a loop and pull the ends through it. Pull to tighten it.

 
Next, trim it (to 2 cm / 0.8"). Repeat this for all in- between picot spaces on both sides.  And your bracelet is done. Neat and easy, don't you agree?
 
 
 

 
Hope you liked this! I'd love to hear what you think!
 

8 comments:

myrica said...

They are so nice, and the sandals is so lovely.
Have a nice day

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Myrica for your constant visit and supportive comments! I appreciate it!

Kim said...

Again, Maya, you have imagined another hip and funky idea. Love these bracelets and I love the colours, they are perfect!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim. I made Eva barefoot sandals using the same pattern and we so liked them, I wanted to see how a bracelet would turn out - and voila :)
Our new bracelets were born.

Katrin@northernfeeling.com said...

These are so so cute, you really are so talented, and your tutorial is great as well Maya! I wish I was good at this, cause the other day my daughter wanted me to show her how to crochet, but I couldn't remember how to start, lol. I have to get into it again, I'm sure she'd love all your fun ideas too!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cute and colorful!

Unknown said...

Very cute!
I make a lot of crochet jewelry and this is unique.
I love the bottle brush plant which I saw when I lived in south Florida.
I miss Florida and the plants!

Thanks for the free pattern tutorial!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Cathy! I am so happy you like it :)