It all began with a skein of the ugliest beige / camel color I somehow managed to buy due to a bad lighting in my yarn shop. There was I in the yarn shop, scratching my head over the limited supply of yarn colors I needed to buy for my projects, when I happened upon this camel / dirty sand cotton yarn and knowing from experience that one could never have enough of beige (read: neutral) colors in one's stash, I decided to buy not one but 4 of these hideous skeins as I discovered the next morning under natural light.
And they spent their last 3 years waiting for their destined project. As I am not the person who gets rid of stuff easily, especially crochet yarn, I decided to use the unfortunate yarn for a project where it might get disguised and when I finished these warmers I knew this was the right project for it.
I have loved this idea of making warmers where the surface would be covered with flowers - saw that in a Japanese crochet magazine and fell in love with it. The design is mine - of both the warmers and the flowers. The thing is that when I had the first one ready - it was covered with 8 flowers - and it was ugly. So fast frogging ahead, ditching half of the flowers I reworked the design and arranged the flowers in the most pleasing (at least to my eyes) and attractive way. They are still kind of bulky when I put them on, but in a good way and I am sure they will be head turners. People will be either pleasantly amazed or wonder what the heck I was thinking about.
While working on them I got an idea for a new pair of warmers I am itching to try. Stay tuned!