Wednesday, September 6, 2017

DIY: Wire Wrap a Pendant

 
 
 
Wire wrapped pendants were extremely popular lately and could be found at a wide range of prices.
I made my daughter a couple of the such without braking the budget, so here's what we did.
 
Materials:
1. Beach stones
2. Memory wire
Pliers, cutters and clamps.
 


 
Make a spiral for the bottom
 
 
 
Bring the wire upwards and make a spiral for the top

 
Now bend the wire downwards (1) and wrap it around the bottom spiral and take it up again from a different side (2), wrap once around the top spiral and bring down again (3) and up for the last time (behind stone) (4).  Cut wire leaving enough to make a loop for the chain.


 
Take the wire and slide it through the top spiral. Cut again leaving just a small portion for the loop.

 
Make a loop and with that - you are done.



 
I hope you enjoyed this!
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make it look so simple and easy! Makes me want to try it myself. Haven't got any stones worth wearing though :-) Must go to the beach!
But I remember that my sister used to be very found of stones and some have a special meaning and can help you with confidence and health etc... Don't know if I really believe that last thing :)
Have a nice day, Sigrid x

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Got looots of stones, but they're far too large. Love the idea though, maybe next time we visit my parents I'll go for a stroll along he beach...
Hugs,
Marjan

Divya N said...

I use to wrap stones many years back when I first learnt wire wrapping. Your post makes me want to go back to that

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Maya, those stones looks so pretty wrapped in wire and to be made into earrings and necklaces. You so creative and talented. Enjoy your day.
Julie xo

myrica said...

so nice they are. looks so pretty wrapped in wire and to be made into
necklaces.
Have a nice day

Alhana said...

These are so pretty! I tried doing something similar to this in the past but I couldn't bend the wire as beautifully as you did and gave up. Maybe a little more practice is in order before attempting it again. :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Every year we get back from holiday loaded with shells and beac stones and I had the idea of turning some into pendants and searched for such that cozld be turned into pendants, but as it always happen in our household, that particular bag got misplaced somewhere and we used stones from previous holidays. I expect the said bag to appear any day now....

Maya Kuzman said...

I always wanted to try wire wrapping and had this idea for quite a long time so it was satisfying trying this :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Well Alhana, thank you so much on the lovely comment, but my wire wrapping is far from perfect. But I like it and more importantly Eva likes them so we are good :)