Monday, January 27, 2020

Crochet inspiration - Pixel Crochet Blankets



Pixel crochet blankets or pillows are made of series of little crocheted granny squares where each square represents one pixel of the picture. When joined together, the squares or "pixels" make large images. 

An artist that masterfully makes wondrous blankets, bed spreads and pillows is Yasemin_Gungor. On her page she also shares pixelled images you can use to make an item. 

I have never tried pixel crochet, although I am seriously in love with this technique. It is no secret that roses are my favourite flowers and when it comes to crochet, I can crochet roses all day long. Eventually, I would love to try my hand at this and make a pixel rose blanket in the future.



Some other pieces made by Yasemin included these:






Have you tried pixel crochet? What's your experience?

12 comments:

Divya said...

Pixel crochet looks so cool. I can't believe its crochet and granny squares :D

jax said...

Gorgeous, I’m now determined to give it a go, although I don’t think it will br roses

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, I agree Divya! This is an amazing technique giving the creations Monet effect :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Aren't they Jax? One can turn various images with this technique - even portraits.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I like the way pixel crochet looks and I love the pretty flower blanket. I never tried this technique before but it looks like it would be challenging.

Sum of their Stories said...

It's stunning isn't it? I'm just thinking of all those ends to sew in! Totally worth it though I guess.

What's Nana Making? said...

These are gorgeous! I just posted a Pixel rose quilt - Never thought about a crochet version. Thanks for sharing

Sheltie Times said...

I can't imagine having the patience to sew it all together. Beautiful when done though.

Kim said...

Oh dear, my heart has just stopped at the beauty of these pixel crochet blankets. I adore every single one. I want one!!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

LOVE these! I'm especially fond of the pretty white one at the top of the post. So pretty

Unknown said...

Olha bom dia seu trabalho e lindo você tem vídeo aula em sinando fazer os quadrinhos se tiver né manda por favor gostaria de fazer uma pra mim obrigada

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi there! I am not the creator/designer of this. The actual designer is tagged in the post, so please check her SM for any videos.