Saturday, February 1, 2020

Winter Flowers Lariat

 

 

Well, this post has been long in the edits as well as a couple of other projects, but we had more important things to handle - like my husband's knee surgery and while things are starting to get normal in our household, I can slowly resume blogging and take my projects our from the shadow. 

This is a piece from my collection inspired by The Little Women (side note: I watched it and I am deeply in love with it! Cried a couple of times in the theater - it was so moving!) and I plan to take a proper photo shoot for all the things I have prepared. 

For this lariat I challenged my skills - wanted to make a braided lariat, but because the yarn was fingering, I couldn't make a proper braid, so I chained three long chains, but the thickness still did not suffice my idea - I would have had to make 5 more such chains to achieve full thickness, which was not going to happen, so I crocheted over the chains to get the body of the lariat. Don't ask me how I did it - I was bored to death until I finished it and it was not an easy job - the lariat is 3½ m long. 

I wanted the lariat to look rich and luxurious once wrapped around the neck  and I believe I achieved that. I used Nako's Аrya Ebruli Sim which is absolutely gorgeous. The yarn content is 10% Alpaca, 10% wool, 4% metallic polyester and 76% acrylic. All in all I am quite satisfied how it turned out. 


 

7 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It's so awesome Maya that the movie Little Woman inspired you to make this necklace. It look just perfect to wear for the winter. I am so sorry that I missed the movie as it was playing during the holidays and I was just too busy to see it. :( I do hope the movie comes on Netflix or Amazon.

Kim said...

I just knew you would LOVE the movie, Little Women, Maya. I can see in my mind's eye Amy or perhaps Jo wearing your beautiful lariat. This lovely piece is exquisite! I cannot wait to see the other pieces....and of course your gorgeous photo shoot.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! I am sure you'll get a chance to watch it soon.

Maya Kuzman said...

That is so sweet of you Kim. The film was masterfully made and is a real gem. I thoroughly enjoyed every sigle minute of it and albeit long, time passed away swiftly :)

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Maya, this is so pretty! How lovely to wear over a turtle neck sweater. Pinned

Kate said...

Definitely Little Women inspired - well done, you. I agree with Marie that this would be lovely with a turtle neck.

Alhana said...

It turned out prettily indeed! May Little Women continue to inspire you throughout this year so we can see more wonders out of your hooks. :-)
ps. Wishing a quick recovery to your husband!