Monday, February 24, 2020

Vintage Crochet Inspiration

 



What comes first to your mind when vintage crochet is mentioned? Is it potholders, doilies or blouses? 

For me it's tablecloths and doilies. My grandma was a master crocheter and she made enormously big and mindbogglingly intricate and complex tablecloths and centerpieces. Not to mention the tons of doilies she made to relax between projects! Now that I have my own small crochet business I realize the time, effort, energy and love she invested in each of her crochet pieces. Being the first of her 5 granddaughters, I had the honor of inheriting many of her creations and the other reason is that my cousins weren't as madly in love with them as I was. 
 

On that note, I recently received an order for the above vintage inspired bracelet / cuff and though I almost never accept orders due to my hectic working schedule, I felt the vintage crochet flame devouring me and I accepted it. This being one of my most favourite bracelets, I just couldn't say no. 


I also follow the vintage crochet on instagram and I chose several pieces to make an inspiration board. Enjoy!


8 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Awesome crochet (I loooove your crochet jewellery)! And a lovely blouse too!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Marjan! I am swooning over the tops and blouses!

Kim said...

To be in possession of your dear grandmother's beautiful crochet treasures must be a wonderful thing, Maya. I love it that heirlooms are passed down through the generations. The bracelet/cuff you fashioned for the order is glorious. The lady will wear it with delight. Love the vintage crochet pieces you have showcased. I am rather in love with the exquisite blouse. I have a few pieces like this pretty. Can you believe I discovered them in an op shop?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thank goodness your grandmother's beautiful crochet work did go to you where it is very much appreciated. Lovely cuff! And always so much wonderful inspiration.

Maya Kuzman said...

Indeed Kim. I use them on daily basis and I am sure grandma is proud of me in heaven!

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes Tammy! And they are wholeheartedly enjoyed!

Daniela said...

That blouse is really beautiful, love the shoulders! Are you going to sell that pattern? Btw i love your work 😍

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Daniela for the lovely comment. As much as I would like to claim the making of that amazing blouse myself, it is not my work. If you click on the blouse link, it will take you to its original creator.