Happy Monday all!
Today I am sharing 5 gift-wrapping ideas you can use for a crocheter/ crafter family member or a friend. I am sure they will appreciate something like this, because it is actually a gift onto a gift :)
So all the wrappings shown here as well as the decorations on them can actually be put to use.
I have mainly focused on yarn decorations, but you can use whatever tickles your fancy (think of all the haberdashery items you might include like ribbons, lace, buttons, stitch markers, thimbles, measuring tape, scissors, glue, beads and sequins, feathers, etc.)
The Mini Yarn Skein Bouquet
For this one you need gift paper and bow, miniature skeins, one biggish skein, toothpicks, satin ribbon, and a piece of paper that'll serve as a scroll.
1) Roll the big skein into a cylinder and tuck the tail.
2) Insert toothpicks into the mini skeins and then insert them into the big skein at different levels.
3) Make a bouquet wrapper, slide the big skein in and tie a bow with the ribbon. Insert scroll onto which you previously printed a flower pattern (so that those mini skeins might be put to use).
4) Glue bouquet onto present.
Yarn Rose Decoration
To make this style of wrapping, you need a felt piece, satin ribbon, 100 gr/skein and a hook.
1) Don't take the label off the skein. Wrap and tie a piece of ribbon really tightly around the label.
2) Next, "peel" the first layer of the yarn down to cover the label. Then peel the next layer down and leave the center intact. Be careful so that you don't ruin the whole skein in doing so. Insert the hook as the rose's stem.
3) Wrap the gift with the felt. Put the gift box in the center of the felt piece, fold all four sides, add the ribbon, but do not tie it immediately up on the front. First place the rose onto the gift and then, use the rest of the ribbon to tie a bow (over the rose).
Frozen - themed wrapping
For this wrapping I used a dotted tulle as the wrapper, wool fluff as the ribbon and a skein of soft and quite thin lamb wool skein. Decorations as per your wish.
1) Wrap the gift with the tulle (the same as with the felt).
2) When wrapping the fluff, slide it through the skein to secure it and tie it softly, because a tight knot will ruin the fluff. Decorate with Christmas ornaments.
Tulle gift bag with a bow wreath
For this you need a long piece of tulle (mine is 1.5m), yarn bows (DIY tutorial here), a decorative ribbon, and an extra decoration to glam it up.
1) Use the tutorial to make yarn bows and join them with jump rings into a mini wreath.
2) With the tulle spread out, put gift at the center and fold sides. Then take the bottom side and fold it over to the upper side. Tie the ribbon. Attach the wreath and add (tie / glue) an additional decoration.
Fill a decorative organza bag with goodies your friend might enjoy like ribbons, lace, buttons, beads, sewing thread and needle, etc. Wrap it up with a decorative ribbon.
I hope you guys like these and use them as a spring-board for many new ideas.