Saturday, February 13, 2021

Crochet Flower Numbers - home decor

Happy Saturday!

In my last post I talked about the projects I am planning to do with the crochet flowers, and this is actually the first project. Tomorrow is a happy day in our household because we are going to celebrate Eva's 20th, so I decided to ditch the idea of using the vintage Valentine's bunting, and go with these flower numbers instead. 

I got the idea at the last minute, when it was impossible to order the 3D cardboard numbers, so I whipped them out myself. I am not quite satisfied how the "2" turned out, and the "0" is a bit smaller than the "2", mainly because I was generously snipping away at the cardboard; however, I was in a hurry to finish it and not let her see me working on it, and also I know she won't mind. Luckily, she catches up on my blog late, though she follows me on social media, so I'll have to keep this one just here until tomorrow.

I filled the numbers with chunks of floral foam and then pinned the flowers to it, because, let's be realistic here - I can use these in so many other projects after the big day is over :)

What's going on with you? Any weekend projects lined up?

 

14 comments:

Alhana said...

Where did time fly? 20 already! Many happy returns to Eva! I love your idea of making numbers with crochet flowers to decorate the party. It is so sweet and creative at the same time. :-)

Michele Morin said...

What a great idea for celebrating a birthday or Anniversary!

Kim said...

The happiest of birthdays to your sweet Eva! Love the crochet flowers forming the number 20. Such a fabulous and fun idea.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Alhana! Yes, I still cannot believe she is 20! It feels as if it was yesterday I brought her home from the hospital. Time flies like crazy!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Michele! These would also be great for monograms/letters :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim! She loved them!

Naush said...

What a clever idea !
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Naush

Sum of their Stories said...

What a lovely idea, so pretty! My daughter is the same as yours, following on social media so I can never post surprises for her on there! Happy belated birthday to Eva!

April J Harris said...

This is so pretty! What a beautiful gift for a special celebration! Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party Community. Have a wonderful week!

My thrift store addiction said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

Oombawka Design said...

Hi Maya, I hope Eva had a lovely birthday ♥ We are featuring your crocheted flower numbers at Wednesday Party 387 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2021/02/crocheted-flower-numbers-conker-with-shell-flower-bunch.html

Hope to see you again next week! Rhondda

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Rhondda! Immensely appreciate the feature!

Sam - Raggedy Bits said...

This is such a beautiful project! They would make such a lovely display for a birthday party and then make a gorgeous heirloom!! So creative.

Thank you so much for sharing your stunning project with us over at Waste Not Wednesday!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sam!