Monday, September 23, 2024

Mural for my Yarn Shop


So many things have happened, and I don't know where to begin first!  Life has been busy, and at the end of the day, all I want to do is sit in my armchair and crochet, with my Netflix on. I'll try to summarize this month with several posts this week. 
First, is my new mural I had commissioned for my yarn shop. 
I have this big wall leading to my shop that was filled with graffiti and was a true sore spot to look at. Several months ago my husband whitewashed it with the idea that we place and ad for the shop on it. However, months passed and nothing happened, mainly because I had no idea what I wanted on it. But, everything happens for a reason.
Now, as it happens, I have been following Ana's work for a long time and was quite taken by it. I invited her over for a cup of coffee and a look at my wall and the rest was history!
When she asked me what I wanted - I said something minimalistic - like a wicker basket over-spilling with yarn, my logo and that's it. I usually have several ideas and drawings about things I want to be made, but for this wall, my mind was blank. 
Cue several hours later, she sent me a sketch of how she envisioned it and the rest is history!
What gives me the greatest joy is the happy squeals of kids as they pass it! Adults are also appreciative of it, and I get compliments on it daily! 
And this is how a sore spot transformed into an eye-catching piece.

No comments: