Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last minute gifts - {A fringe necklace}


This is something I actually made for myself. The minute I saw this on the Internet I knew I would be making it sooner or later. For this project you need jersey, a metal chain and good scissors. Cut (long / short) strips of jersey and attach them on the chain. I should have worked more on the alignment, but hey - it's for me. I wouldn't mind :P
For this one I used a piece of jersey (teal / turquoise) I bought 2 years ago for a blouse but it was obviously destined for something else.Now I am wondering what to do with the rest. The black jersey strips are remnants from Jacob's Batman costume - I know, I know... I keep (s)crap(s), yes Sir!

Hoping that you are 'big' into the holiday heat I bid you farewell - for today!


8 comments:

Divya said...

cool necklace..if you dont have enough for any garment you can make pouches for your beautiful jewelry with it. Since its a jersey it will stretch to accommodate more..also try cutting it into thin strips & makeup a yarn ball. You can crochet with it too

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya!
I don't have much of the fabric to turn it into a yarn ball, but I can make pouches! That's a great idea!

sajuki said...

amazing :D

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

ohhh! this would be a perfect addition for a New Years Eve outfit! I also love how you used Jacob's batman costume - I remember that costume!

Unknown said...

How cool is this! It doesn't have to be neatly aligned, this is much better looking! happy holidays to you and your family again Maya, enjoy!

Mindie Hilton said...

Love love love this necklace looks like something u would see on that show accessory design strar.

Mindie Hilton said...

featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time :)

Cucicucicoo said...

love this idea! i love the colors you used together and i actually like the fact that it's not perfectly aligned. this is something that looks simple enough for even me to find time to do! thanks for sharing! :) lisa