Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The snowdrops blouse

Well here's the blouse I made a couple of weeks ago.


I used the Burda pattern from January 2009. This is the same pattern I used (but only for the sleeves) for this jacket. The minute I tried it on I knew I would be making the blouse.

I really enjoyed making the blouse. I have never made anything so easy and so fast. I like the sleeves excessively.



And I liked it so much I made myself a dress. But while trying to take some photos of it, one of the sleeves tore down so I'll be posting about it later this week.

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Oh My you have done so much this past week while I have been away! Everything is beautiful! I especially love this shirt - so elegant and dressy as well. I really want to know what technique you used to gather the sleeves like that! Is that a regular sewing machine stitch?

Maya Kuzman said...

RheLynn - thank you on the lovely comment! The sleeve is quite easy to be made. The machine stitch is regular - you do the gathering yourself. The sleeve is actually two pieces and when you join them with the center piece the sleeves acquire this shape. Maybe I didn't explain it well. I can e-mail you the technical drawing if you like. It's a Burda (the magazine)pattern.