I give you our latest mother-daughter collaboration.
A pom-pom pillow we saw on the internet and the idea stuck with us so we decided to make this as a cheeky decoration for Eva's room.
For our project we used an old pillow, which was my husband's when he was a baby. And we finally got to use our pom-pom makers which came into 4 different sizes.
First we took off the embroidered cover and were left with a nice sateen pillow. We unstitched it at the sides to take off the filling. We already had our pom-poms made (if you are interested in using these pom-pom makers, I highly recommend it - they are super easy to use. Here's a tutorial how to use them.
First we provisionally designed the look. Then turning the pillow inside out and using a tapestry needle we threaded the pom-pom ends (we left them longish) and tied them into a knot .
The thing with the tying is that it only works with small pom-poms, because the tie is not sufficient to hold the big(ger) ones in place - they swayed, so we had to revert to our trusty glue gun, which I must openly say that I hate using in textile related projects. But it aided completing our project.
We put back the filling and stitched it. I added the blanket stitch around the whole piece.
What's most important, Eva likes it immensely!
Since I have other pom-pom projects planned I might as well announce January to be a pom-pom month for the blog :)
Next, another installment of the "How to read crochet charts"! Stay tuned!