Tuesday, March 28, 2017

DIY Flower Clutch

 
 
 
Many, many summers ago, I bought myself several clutches and small bags (all being a bargain) and carried them dearly for the next summers of so. And there their story ends. I didn't have the heart to throw them away, so stored they remained for many years. Until a week or so, when it came to my attention that flower clutches are going to be popular this summer. And I remembered the forgotten ones. And I thought why not try a refashion....
 
It turned out great so this is how it went:
 

 
 
For this project, beside the clutch I used felt leaves and fabric flowers. I used both liquid silicone glue and hot glue.
 
 
First I took the clasp and the pocket off.
 
 
Next I glued the leaves on the clutch.

 
 Having worked out the arrangement for it previously, I gradually added / glued the flowers.
 
 
And here it is.
 
It is not an ordinary clutch but
perfect for summer cocktail parties.
 
Hope you like it!
 
 
 

10 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

HA! Dear Maya, good to know I'm not the only one hoarding bags and purses ;-) You've made this one very special! It looks great and I'm sure plenty of envious glances will follow you around!
Enjoy this "new" bag!
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

So, there are two off us. Now I don't feel guilty for keeping it :l
I wonder if those glances might be ones of "I don't believe what I see" :p

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Quite the transformation. Perfect for Spring.

Unknown said...

Fabulous Maya! It's the kind of bag you can take to the horse races - you just need a fancy hat to match. Thanks for sharing at To Grandma's House We Go. xx

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kate! How come I didn't think of that?! With a fancy hat,mhmm totally British! I like that image, I could imagine myself like that :)

Kim said...

Oh you will be the belle of the party with that beautiful floralicious clutch, Maya!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim :)

Mary K. said...

I do, I like it very much Maya. And I also have a whole bunch of these clutches. Maybe I can try something similar. Pinning.

Pam said...

Oh, that's so cute!! What a pretty clutch that turned out to be. I came by from the SITS linkup. Have a great day!