Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Anthropologie Inspired DIY - City Trinket Dish

 
 
When it comes to styles of home & furniture, I  am a huge fan of Anthropologie. Their offer resonates deeply with my bohemian spirit and I am a frequent visitor who invariably drools over their fantastic stuff, and seeks inspiration when the days are dragging and inspiration is scarce. Which leads me to their trinket dish.
The minute I saw it I wanted to make one for ourselves. Now, I might have as well order it, for such a piece is worth having - they collaborate with some  fantastic indie designers - but the drive to make something myself usually prevails, and I was determined to give this a try.
 
Now, bear in mind that I am not a professional sculptor, clay master or porcelain guru. Just a plain person who enjoys playing with clay. I don't have many required tools, but I have a desire to create as big as a house, so I took out my polymer clay, doodled city images, applied varnish, glued it and voila!
My trinket, or jewelry dish is done!
 
 
 
I drew and painted the houses on both sides and the dishes look quite adorable.

Working on the oval plate I thought that it might be interesting to make something whimsical for the center or the side of it, and use the plate to serve cheese, tomatoes and olives in it. Would be a phenomenal conversation starter, don't you think?




4 comments:

Chas' Crazy Creations said...

I love what you did with it! Thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Chas!

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

It sure looks great, it somewhat reminds me of naïve art. Makes a nice little dish for jewelry!

Kim said...

How fascinating you should post about Anthropologie because when in San Fran and New York (sorry =) ) it was my most favourite store. LOVED Anthropologie. I love their fashion and home pretties, as you so very bohemian and quirky. Maya, now you may be many things but "plain" you ain't. =) Do you know, everything you create is sublime! Love those sweet little houses!