Wednesday, April 25, 2018

DIY Fashion Ribbon Medal

 
 
For my newest Victorian inspired collection I made several ribbon medals. I have these amazing jacquard ribbons that I was eager to include in my work and while researching for the collection I thought they would give it a nice polished edge and a bit of steampunk air.
 
Making these is incredibly easy, so if you are into something like this, here's how I made them.
 
What you need:
 
 
  • a decorative ribbon
  • a ribbon clamp
  • a "medal" (think of trinkets, metal {or other} pendants, beads, whatnots)
  • a jump ring and a brooch pin
 
If you use a jacquard ribbon, singe the edges so that they do not fray.
 
 
Insert clamp and press it.
 
 
Attach the "medal" and slide in the pin. Told you it was easy!
 
 
 
 
 
If interested in the ribbons, you can buy them here.
 
 

11 comments:

Mia said...

Wow, Maya! This is so creative! What a great inspiration! Brilliant idea! Your ribbon medals look awesome! Kisses, my friend.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

These are extraordinary! Eye-catcher for sure! Thank you for sharing the how-to, dear Maya!
Big hug,
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Mia!!

Maya Kuzman said...

At least the gorgeous rose ribbons would not fade away hidden in a box!

Chas' Crazy Creations said...

I love how unique this is! Thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

Kim said...

Oh how beautifully clever and chic, Maya. The ribbons you used are gorgeous.

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Maya, Your ribbon pins are just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much for having me!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Oh, yes, very easy and so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up with me at A Themed Linkup 56 for Crafts and DIY. Pinned!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at A Themed Linkup 57 for All Things Printable from my previous linkup for Crafts and DIY!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Dee!!